Firewire Surfboards is known for its high-end and latest technology EPS materials, where they are involved in the care and respect for the environment through their ecofriendly materials and with Eco Board Project seal. The result? Light, resistant and with a highly optimized flex response surfboards. What makes these boards special to surf with and offer very good feelings. But what materials does Firwire Surfboards currently work with?
- LFT: Also known as Linear Flex Technology. It is formed by a Springer HD soul, which is a space aerial material: resistant, lightweight and with torsion properties. This runs through the board from the nose to the tail, offering a much higher torque capacity.
- Helium: This is a step further, an improvement to the FST technology already used by Firewire. With parabolic edges that of Balsa and Pawlonia wood, combined with the new HDACD compound (Hight Density Aeroespace Composite Deckskins) generates 15% more lightness and improves the response of the board to maneuvers and changes of direction while absorbing better the boats when the sea is choppy, making everything very fluid. HELIUM technology also makes the board more resistant to shocks and touches while allowing the sensation of having the wave under your feet.
- Timbertek: Built in a sustainable and ecofriendly way, it is by far the most environmentally friendly construction in the market. The combination of a lightweight EPS core and the sustainable treatment of Pawlownia wood create a highly lightweight and durable board, with all the technological features that Firewire has for flex performance.
Firewire has some designs that are authentic bestsellers thanks to the work of shapers and surfers such as Kelly Slater and Rob Machado, who get models easy to surf, maneuverable and above all, very fun. Which allow to increase the wave count per session. But what are the best models of surfboards that Firewire has?
For this, you should know that this surfboard manufacturer has 3 subbrands: Slater Designs, Firewire - where Rob Machado's boards are included - and TOMO.
This brand comes out as Kelly Slater's own commitment to a renewal of technology and materials in surfing, maintaining a respect for the environment in its manufacturing process.
- No Brainer: This table has been a real revolution in the Firewire quiver. It offers what it promises: catch many waves, small and medium, incredibly simple. So simple that the name comes from his shaper, Dan Mann, who thinks it could be surfed by even someone without a head. Tremendously fun, the No Brainer joins that group of surfboards that make life easier. It's about catching waves!
- FRK: Moving on to another extreme, we have the FRK - Freak -. Designed for powerful, fast and tubular wave conditions, the FRK nails the edge when you need it and allows you to cut the waves with the same precision as a surgeon's scalpel. Perfect as an add-on to the quiver to enjoy those sessions that could appear on the covers of the magazines.
- Sci-Fi: As if it were true science fiction, this surfboard model allows a smooth, performance and fast surfing. Winner of a SIMA award in 2017, the Sci Fi is recognized as one of the best tables in the Firewire quiver thanks to its innovative design with double channel under the keels and a bat tail that offers all the grip and propulsion you can expect.
- Seaside: It is clear that surfboards that allow you to catch waves and surf with ease and ease are no longer a fashion, but an authentic reality that has come to stay. This is perhaps the reason that has made this shape of Rob Machado, has reached a high level of popularity among surfers around the world.
- Go Fish: The fish surfboard fever started with this model. And it is that what has been the best alternative surfboard of 2019 - SIMA dixit -, is a best seller of the house. It turns freely and, to be a fish, allows a very high level of performance. One of the best things about this model is the concave ‘table eats a table’, which helps maintain speed in the flattest sections of the wave.
- Noserider: Longboards cannot be missing on this list, and the Noserider is what its own name says. Without trap or cardboard, this classic plank comes with a wrap in Timbertek. What in addition to providing a harder flex, gives you an amazing retro aesthetic.
Being shaper and ex pro surfer has its advantages. And the one Tomo always starts up is to test his own models to know firsthand what works and what doesn't work. Tomo's shapes are known for their distinct, revolutionary and marked character designs. Where it offers surfboards for all types of surfers; from the middle, to the highest performance or those that go into the big waves.
- EVO: The curious forms of the EVO keep a well-known secret; It is a table for all levels. Egg-shaped surprises its great ability to chain maneuvers on the wall of the wave, while maintaining constant speed.
- Hydroshort: This version of the Hydronaut is designed to offer surfing performance on smaller waves than its older sister. Also with the well-known nose in the form of a torpedo, it facilitates fast and fluid singing-to-singing transitions.
Meet our online Firewire stock and feel free to contact us.